Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wow!

Tonight's Java Jive was a great way to kick off our new Lesbian Fiction Book Club!!

The turnout was fantastic and the conversation was dynamite. We gave away two signed copies of our first book, Calling The Dead. Sandy was kind enough to order seven books for us and donated the shipping costs. The books will be on sale for $15.95 each. If you are interested in buying them from her, please email me (jewel@rcdallas.org) so we can arrange pick up. Because the first meeting is only three weeks away, Sandy ordered the books for us to give us a jump start on reading instead of hunting the book down. Although we'd normally encourage everyone to support local business when buying our monthly books, I encourage you to purchase them from Sandy first.

We'll work with the local bookstores and keep them aware of our reading list. Hopefully they can order the books we need so we can center our book shopping to a particular store or two.

I'm so pumped about this new book club. I didn't realize we had so many lesbian fiction book readers in the area. This new book looks fantastic and I can't wait to get started!

Everyone is welcome to contribute to both JEWEL blogs. If you are interested, just email me and I'll be glad to add you as a contributor.

Well it's way past my bedtime, but I'm still buzzing for the Java Jive (and a little bit of the Java :D).

fat

No comments:

Post a Comment